The densely populated city of Santa Ana in the state of California holds nearly 330,000 inhabitants within its borders and is the second most populated area in Orange County. The city was named as such because of its approximation to the Santa Ana Mountains, as well as the Santa Ana winds which have historically breathed life into the seasonal wildfires which plague Southern California.
Santa Ana has a lot to brag about, including being ranked one of the safest cities with over 250,000 residents in the United States by Forbes in 2011. Being located close to the coast and to Los Angeles, the city strikes the perfect balance between work and play. The pleasurable temperatures and general lack of humidity also make it a desired spot for many to call home.
A Place for Families of All Ages
As of the 2010 United States Census, well over half (56.3%) of the households with individuals living within Santa Ana were children under the age of 18. However, 6.8% of those living within the city are aged 65 or older. Many of these individuals are the proud grandparents of the youth of Santa Ana and who we at The Cifarelli Law Firm have worked tirelessly to protect and defend.
Elder Abuse: A Quick FAQ
Elder abuse has been defined by the Administration on Aging as any potential or harmful act delivered by a caregiver or another entrusted individual which is intentional, knowing, or negligent. It is estimated that nearly 11% of all elderly individuals are abused each year in the United States.
What Constitutes as Elder Abuse?
Physical abuse is only one form of elder abuse. Other forms include:
- Emotional abuse
- Neglect or abandonment
- Self neglect
- Sexual abuse
- Financial exploitation
How Can I Tell My Loved One Is Being Abused?
Physical abuse is usually the easiest to spot. An older individual will have unexplained injuries such as burns, bruises, and broken bones. Other signs include:
- Malnourished, bedsores and unpaid bills (neglect)
- Refusal of care (self neglect, often out of fear)
- Sexually transmitted diseases, any pain or injury to the genital or anal area (sexual abuse)
- An unexpected depletion of assets or unexplained differences in an individual’s quality of living and availability of assets (financial exploitation)
As children of aging parents and in some cases, grandchildren to grandparents, the personal injury attorneys at The Cifarelli Law Firm take the utmost care when handling any nursing home or elder abuse claim. We fight for those who cannot fight for themselves and ensure that justice is served against anyone who is causing unnecessary harm to your loved one.
If you fear that an older loved one in your life is suffering abuse, please give us a call at (949) 502-8600 to discuss legal remedies to the situation.
Directions to our los angeles Personal Injury Attorneys from Santa Ana, ca
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Santa Ana, CA
Total Est. Time: 15 mins
Total Est. Distance: 10.4 mi
- Head west on W 1st St toward S Sycamore St
- Make a U-turn at S Sycamore St
- Continue straight onto E First St
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto the Interstate 5 S ramp
- Merge onto I-5 S
- Use the right lane to stay on I-5 S
- Use the right lane to take exit 95 for California 133 S toward Laguna Beach
- Keep right, follow signs for Barranca Pkwy
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Barranca Pkwy
- Turn right onto Irvine Center Dr
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7700 Irvine Center Drive Suite 150
Irvine, CA 92618